Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sometimes life throws you a curveball

Do you ever feel that life sometimes throws you a curveball?

Like you had something planned and then BAM it doesn't work out that way or ends up so much better. One of my favorite songs is by Garth Brooks. "Unanswered prayers". So many times we want for something to happen and it either never does or what happens is so much better!!!

The lyrics go like this:

Just the other night a hometown football game My wife and I ran into my old high school flame And as I introduced them the past came back to me And I couldn't help but think of the way things used to be She was the one that I'd wanted for all times And each night I'd spend prayin' that God would make her mine And if he'd only grant me this wish I wished back then I'd never ask for anything again CHORUS: Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers She wasn't quite the angel that I remembered in my dreams And I could tell that time had changed me In her eyes too it seemed We tried to talk about the old days There wasn't much we could recall I guess the Lord knows what he's doin' after all And as she walked away and I looked at my wife And then and there I thanked the good Lord For the gifts in my life CHORUS Some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered... Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers

I have felt that way so many times in my life. I try to live by the idea that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Some of the times I still don't know why it happened, but then I remember something about it and think that's why. If I hadn't met my ex-husband I wouldn't have my two older boys. If I had not moved back to Arizona I wouldn't have the great friends I have today. If I had not met JT's dad I wouldn't have JT. And of course if I had not gone to the lake that one day I wouldn't have met my husband. The most important things in my life. My family!!!

As I am expecting #4 it makes me think back. To how I got here today. I feel very blessed. I have my family, a roof over my head, a car to drive, a job, and my health. There are so many people who aren't that lucky right now. I am also fully aware how fast any or all of that could change.

You see my former brother-in-law is in a hospital fighting for his life. A senseless car accident. A wonderful God living man. A young man who is only 38 years old. Who has a wife, two small children, a very large family who loves him. And it happened in a blink of an eye.

This is where it gets hard to believe everything happens for a reason. Because truly I couldn't think of one good reason for this to have happened. Please pray for him and for the family. I am AWARE of the power of prayer. I have watched it happen here and I know it works!!!!

So I am guessing if life throws you a curveball you should probably just try and swing the bat.


*****UPDATE******My brother-in-law is still in very critical condition however he is making progress and has been alert at times even writing small notes. Everyone is very encouraged, but he still has a long road ahead of him. Prayers are still needed. Thank you!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, so sorry to hear your news. I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.

Beth said...

Thank you honey!!!! They are much appreciated!!

Unknown said...

That's a very touching song, I've always believed God ALWAYS answers our prayers, but sometimes it's not the answer we want at the time.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Beth said...

Thanks for the prayers!! They truly seem to be working. He is recovering well. He will have much rehab and therapy to look forward to, but at least he is alive and doing well!! God is good!!!

chris said...

Hey Sweetie, This is my third attempt to respond to your blog, and I refuse to write a long note (like I have done twice!)until I know for certain we have connected! love you! chris

chris said...

Hey...Success!!! Ok, now can I remember all my comments? I loved reading your blog...HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY JT!!! Congratulations Mother of Boys....how exciting!!! I remember realizing after we had three and being outnumbered that having more kids really would not have mattered. Haha! But I have to admit, having all boys, I so treasure time out with women friends and even last night I went out and rented "No Reservations' a fun romance because I am so tired of action/war flicks! Jim reluctantly sat by my side....what a man! :)

How is your Mom? Greggory sounds so sweet and she must have loved the attention! Does DJ come to any of Bradley's games. I remember going to his as a QTRBack for his high school.

I'll be praying for your former brother-in-law...hoping that he is healing and recovering quickly!

Last night Louis, Amy, Paige and Aiden were here along with Sr. Pauline/Anne Marie for dinner. Ohhh, I love those kids and wish you were closer too, we sure miss alot by being so far away! I need to get back to work! Happy Thanksgving...much to be grateful for, God is good...all the time. :) love, chris